Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blender playlist for Thu Jan 25 2-4p

...and I'll be here every Thursday from 2 to 4 :)

Albums that stand out? The new Skinny Puppy is pretty sweet; proof that not all EBM/Darkwave sucks. Same for 2 Bit Pie. Yay for innovation in a typically unimaginative genre. I'm also really feeling the Psychic Ills, some neato fuzzy noise rock thing. Also, both the Infradig and Spaceheater albums I missed somehow, they're from last semester... but oh my god do they kick ass :D One is ninja tune style, the other jazzy hip hop. And lest I forget Reba Hasko and her beautiful voice and love for nontraditional composition.

HAY CAN I WRITE FOR PITCHFORK NOW?

Shauna Burns - Gotta Get Ahead
Reba Hasko - Ricci
2:10
Fennesz - Endless Summer
Farmacia - Hori Miwako
Moe. - MacIntyre Range
2:28
Six Parts Seven - Falling Over Evening
Deerhunter - Providence
Skinny Puppy - Pedafly
2 Bit Pie - Soto Mundo
2:50
Glomag - Pocket Calculator (Kraftwerk cover)
Covox - Dubslide
Covox - Computer Love (Kraftwerk cover)
3:01, "What's Going On Here"
Silicon Scally - Encapsulate
3:08
Bracken - Fight or Flight
Infradig - Clinical Indifference
Spaceheater - Freakfest
3:26
Deerhoof - Choco Fight
Of Montreal - A sentence of Sorts in Kongsvinger
The Berg Sans Nipple - Along the Quai
3:38
Psychic Ills - Killer
Monotract - There Are Hard Days I Can't Forget
Dead Meadow - Indian Bones
3:52
Dark Meat - Freedom Ritual
end @ 4

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I cannot believe that Steve Smith played Of Montreal on is show. Glad you found 2 bit pie though. I was gonna show that to you.

Anonymous said...

the new Skinny Puppy is fantastic. thanks,
and what a segue: 2 Bit Pie - great show !
i was driving on the hiway and loving it all.