Sunday, November 05, 2006

Thanks (all 2 of my fans) for being patient with the Blender playlist updates

Two new albums I fell in love with this week. John Medeski and Matthew Shipp have released a new album on this thing called the Blue Series, curated by Shipp. Basically a mix of electronics and jazz, which typically results in an illbient sort of sound, though it varies. TONS of amazing albums have come out of this, by artists like Antipop Consortium, DJ Spooky, El P, and Meat Beat Manifesto. I'll be playing the hell out of this the next few shows.

The other is by the Antarcticans. I'm not afraid to say that they are the best post rock since Godspeed You Black Emperor. They're that good. I heard them for the first time over the summer when I was in LA on this other great college radio station KXLU. This band seems to be local to the area, seeing as how their label is out of Pasadena. But man oh man I hope I manage to catch these guys live at some point.

One show I want to mention... The Mathematicians (who rocked my pants off earlier this year) are coming back to do another awe inspiring show at RPI next saturday. I am *so* there. Check GZ's website for updates regarding location.

See ya next friday as always, 4 to 6.

Playlist for Friday November 3, 2006
4 to 6 pm
Ulrich Schnauss - In All The Wrong Places
Autechre - VI Scose Poise
John Medeski & Matthew Shipp - Noonday Demon
4:20
So Percussion - What The Hell
Quench - Dapted
Mochipet - From Bedrooms To Bass Bins
4:37
Miho Hatori - Today Is Like That
The Flaming Lips - The W.A.N.D. Supernaturalistic (Goldfrapp remix)
Les Georges Leningrad - Skulls In The Closet
4:47
Bitcrush - Drop Entitled
65daysofstatic - Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
5:00
The Antarcticans - The Ghost of the Trees & The Erase of Man
5:13
The Kamikaze Hearts - Lubbock, TX
Frida Hyvonen - Valerie
Christine Fellows - Double Takes
Annuals - Brother
5:26
The Byrds - I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better
As Tall As Lions - Stab City
The Drones - Jezebel
5:42
The Kamikaze Hearts - Guyana Central High School Class of '78
BT - All That Makes Us Human Continues
5:58, "After Dark"
Axolotl - Pneuma
Axolotl - Uroboros
end of show 

No comments: