Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conor Oberst's new solo album and tour

The news has been out there for a while that Conor Oberst has been writing and recording new material outside of the Bright Eyes arena since late last year. His solo album will be coming out on Merge (not saddle creek or team love? wtf..) on August 4th.

He has 2 tracks streaming on the website :

http://www.conoroberst.com/album/

and personally its going to be very hard for me to seperate them from sounding like Bright Eyes, but they have been obsessively one of my favorite bands for years..I saw them in concert 3 times last year..looks like those of you in the capitol region will be able to catch this new Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band experiment because on their tour page they list:

8/17 Saratoga, NY Saratoga Music Festival

I'm pretty sure I'm going to that..

EDIT: just found this post and I may not be going, haha..ouch..my wallet:
http://heartstack.org/2008/06/18/saratoga-music-festival-announced/

No comments: