Saturday, May 03, 2008

Margot and the Nuclear So and So's New Album Animal - July 29th

Finally

I've been waiting quite a while to hear about the release date of Margot and the Nuclear So and So's sophomore effort: Animal! In 2006 they took me by surprise..I saw them play after another band I came to see and I was intrigued (which frankly rarely happens at a live show) but the rest of the people I was with thought they were lame so we had to leave...what a mistake. A month of so later I received their debut "The Dust of Retreat" in the first half of 2006 and it went on to become my #1 album that year. I've been keeping a casual eye on their myspace and homepage hearing tiny details about the recording process and tracklisting for about a year..they even threw us a bone with the release of a B-side track called "Hello Vagina" (its out there in the blagosphere for downloading..I've played it on my show before). A balmy release date has been set for July 29th, 2008. I'm very very interested to hear what this 8 piece folk/rock collective managed to put together this time..here is the tracklist from their myspace..some of the songs have been around as demos for quite a while:

Animal! tracklisting

1. At the carnival
2. German Motor Car
3. O’ What a nightmare!
4. I am a lightning rod
5. Love song for a schubas bartender
6. Mariel’s brazen overture
7. A children’s crusade on acid
8. There’s talk of mineshafts
9. The shivers (I’ve got ’em)
10. Cold, kind, and lemon eyes
11. My baby (shoots her mouth off)
12. Tall as cliffs.

Their myspace

p.s. to tell you how excited i am..my dog is named Margot


Yeaah

No comments: