Saturday, January 20, 2007

Blender: the 1/20 fillin show! 4-6pm

A quick note before I post the playlist, I messed up last semester and didn't take the necessary steps that would get me a show this semester. Whoops... but I'm fixing it as fast I can, and hopefully soon I *will* be on the schedule for Spring 2007. But definitely not 4-6 fridays like I used to be, that slot is getting in the way; expect monday, wednesday, or thursday during the day.

This will be my last semester at RPI and hence at WRPI. Thanks to my loyal listeners (I was totally shocked to find out i had loyal listeners). I took a peek at the new music drawer, there is SO MUCH amazing music in there! These last 4 months are gonna be a blast.

3:52
Spongebob and the Losers - Ripped Pants
Farmacia - Estas Tecnicas
PSAPP - Tricycle
4:00
Aemae - Spectral Psychosis
Gorch Fock - Fitzcarroldo
Monotract - Game 7
The Pneuma Trio - Bufkins Tank
4:20
The New Deal - Deep Sun
U-Melt - 415
4:43
Nullsleep - The Model (Kraftwerk cover)
Disasterpeace - The Great Stitch Divide I - Here Comes the Plaid Platoon
Disasterpeace - The Great Stitch Divide II - We Are the Eveready Argyle Army
5:00
Bubblyfish - It's More Fun To Compute (Kraftwerk cover)
Bit Shifter - Antenna (Kraftwerk cover)
The Octopus Project + Black Moth Super Rainbow - Elq Milq
5:15
Sonic Mechatronik Arkestra - Mechatronik Man
Buildings Breeding - Emmawood
Reba Hasko - Death by Facelift
5:30
Bracken - Evil Teeth
Android Lust - Thomael
Android Lust - Downer (Crocodile Shop remix)
5:47
Postscripts - Evolution Maybe
Camera Obscura - Alaska
Beck - Broken Drum (Boards of Canada remix)
end

Definitely the highlight of the show is the 8-bit Operators compilation. Tons of amazing chiptune artists appear: in addition to those above, Glomag, Covox, Role Model, 8-Bit Weapon, and David E Sugar have all created their own Kraftwerk covers. It's great to see these talented musicians, whom I've been into for a few years now, finally get some national attention in the form of a compilation released by Astralwerks.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Ohhh steve. You left the spongebob cd by the listening station and I saw it, and was planning on playing ripped pants. Damn you! Well, see if I care. I am going to play it anyway. Muahaha.

Emelie said...

8-bit, best of 2007 so far!